Content Marketing Manager
We're building the future of advertising and are looking for the minds to help us do it.
Darkroom’s first Content Manager is critical to the success of our newborn internal-marketing department and ultimately elevating the agency at large. Having a robust understanding of the direct-to-consumer landscape, advertising, and the startup world is essential to the success of this role. Having good taste is a prerequisite.
This is a remote job, based in New York, and must have the right to work within the United States.
Content Marketing will work hand-in-hand with the business development team to drive revenue growth for the agency. Key responsibilities for the role will fall into the two following functions:
- Darkroom Marketing: Owning all Darkroom content: responsible for the strategy development, implementation, and monitoring of Darkroom-owned content channels including the Darkroom blog, email marketing program, paid search/social ads, organic social, and promotional partnerships. This requires building, owning, and working cross-functionally with teams across SEO, Email, web, and Creative to consistently deliver continuous communications that represent the most current work/topics coming out of our studio. Knowing how to build, measure, and then convert MQLs into SQLs is essential to this role.
- Darkroom Content Initiatives: You will be spearheading a massive content initiative in close collaboration with the CEO and leading executives. A thorough understanding of photo/video educational courses, case studies, SEO, and marketing funnels is crucial to your success. Your primary domain here will be twofold: producing and writing. What you’ll bring to life through writing, editing, and distributing will be up to the Darkroom standard: meaning, it will be the best source on the web.
- Darkroom Co-Branded Initiatives: You will have a heavy hand in developing and spreading the word for Darkroom through the integration of partners into marketing materials. Promoting and evangelizing the Darkroom brand with like-minded partners will be crucial to our success. Inclusion, highly detailed case studies, webinars, and sponsorships are necessary to make this work.
What Success Looks Like
- Manage and execute Darkroom’s marketing calendar by creating, editing, and distributing content. Measure and report on KPIs directly tied to revenue growth for Darkroom: new leads, conversions, domain authority, sessions + traffic, email captures, etc.
- Embed yourself within Darkroom’s larger organization to source materials, portfolio examples, case studies, insights, and other related current information.
- Plan Darkroom marketing calendar, oversee the production of all written content, video content, and deploy innovative marketing strategies in the process.
- Optimize Darkroom’s inbound funnel to increase the volume of MQLs and conversions to SQLs.
- Invest in Darkroom’s marketing department to over time build a team, manage the team, and develop KPIs for the growth of that team.
What You’ll Bring to the Table
- 5+ years of experience producing and managing content with multiple contributors.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills as demonstrated by a portfolio of authored and edited work. Video content is a massive plus.
- Near-obsessive level of attention to detail when it comes to data, examples, structure, practicality, and the published version of all content (aesthetics, voice, and substance).
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks with multiple team members (internal and external).
- Ability to complete, measure, and then optimize short-term and long-term goals in a proper manner. Skilled in Notion (this is all we use).
- Insatiable curiosity and an inability to leave a problem alone until you’ve defined it and unearthed multiple solutions.
- Growth-minded, humble and roll-up your sleeves mindset, and vision-based.
About Darkroom & Employee Benefits:
Darkroom is a vertically integrated digital agency pioneering the next generation of consumer-facing brands. Our team has been responsible for generating hundreds of millions of dollars in market value for some of the most innovative brands in the world. A category leader in results-driven growth marketing, Darkroom’s success is attributed to our unique partnership model, purposefully built to launch brands to market and accelerate growth. Our model is predicated on four major disciplines — Brand & Identity, Digital Products, Creative Production, and Growth Marketing – threaded by one cohesive, interdisciplinary team.
Taking the startup mindset to the agency space, the collective expertise of our team of entrepreneurs and senior strategists are deeply aware of the newest trends in e-commerce, development, and digital marketing. Our learned experience has allowed us to take clients (and internal ventures) from $0 to millions in revenue in just a few months. We work with game-changing brands: Everytable, Olipop, Joybird, & Necessaire – to name a few.
We're building the future of advertising and are looking for the minds to help us do it. We only seek out the best—from our clients to our people. Our team is our most sacred asset, and we offer highly competitive salaries and the following perks:
- Darkweek, Unlimited Vacation Policy, and Holidays: Rebooting is one of the most important parts of growth. At Darkroom, you have access to an unlimited vacation policy, our annual “Darkweek” full office closure, and 10 holidays throughout the year to keep you recharged and sharp.
- Location, location, (or no) location: Office and work locations where the most talented people want to live. Employee hubs include Los Angeles, New York, Ukraine, and Albania (Commuter benefits in LA only). Remote work for certain jobs applicable.
- Wellness: Company-sponsored medical, dental, and vision benefits with, so you can stay as healthy as can be.
- Finances, growth, and savings: After one year with Darkroom, we deliver a robust 401k program with company match, and a profit-sharing opportunity so we can help you save as the company grows.
- Creativity at our core: in-house Los Angeles-based studio with some of the best creatives in the business.
- Growth-oriented with endless opportunities: contribute to one of the fastest-growing advertising agencies in the United States.
- Darkroom Labs: internal idea factory with no boundaries. Come up with ideas for new tools, technology, or products
- Work on the best with the best: we are highly selective with who we work with– both clients and team members. Our business development process is characterized by finding “right-fit,” category-leading brands. We look for the people to match.