We're building the future of advertising and are looking for the minds to help us do it.
Darkroom is a digital growth agency building legendary e-commerce companies and digital experiences. We are a team of industry-leading marketers and best-in-class creatives building LA’s fastest-growing marketing agency.
We are looking for an Associate Recruiter to join our team. The Associate Recruiter role is Darkroom’s first full-time recruiting hire, as such, this person will be pivotal in Darkroom’s ability to meet its hiring needs in 2022, and beyond. The right candidate should find the opportunity to build and iterate on existing recruitment processes exciting, and be ready to quickly impact the operations of the business. The role will work shoulder-to-shoulder with Darkroom’s Management and Executive Team on a daily basis in crafting unique job postings and hiring plans in the competitive job market.
This role reports to Darkroom’s COO and can be based in our Los Angeles office or remotely, within the state of California and New York. What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with Darkroom’s COO and Hiring Managers to create recruitment briefs, job descriptions, and hiring plans.
- Manage Darkroom’s ATS (applicant tracking system), LinkedIn, Indeed, and other job posting platforms.
- Build and manage a recruitment hiring plan, using department goals to plan for hiring through the year.
- Source, interview, and hire best-in-class talent as needed across Creative, Design, Account Management, Growth Marketing, and Production to meet the agency and client needs.
- Maintain communication with candidates to ensure a great experience as work their way through the hiring process.
- Use candidate feedback and evaluations to iterate on the hiring process.
- Provide insights and recommendations on recruiting strategies and best practices that contribute to the overall achievement of our vision.
- Using social media, networking events, job adverts, headhunting, and referrals to uncover high-quality candidates to fill live roles.
- Support and promote the achievement of diversity goals, particularly in positions where underutilization may exist.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws and company policies concerning the recruiting process.
- Generate detailed reporting on job postings, hiring, and hiring rates for each role.
What You’ll Need to be Successful:
- Passionate about recruiting and finding the best talent to work alongside, the ideal candidate is looking to build a career in recruiting and is motivated by the fact they will be the first full-time recruiter at Darkroom.
- 1+ years experience working as an HR Assistant, Junior Recruiter, or Recruiting Coordinator.
- Knowledge of hiring best practices, including; job descriptions, ATS platforms, candidate journey building, hiring practices, and negotiations.
- Experience working in an agency or creative environment (advertising/PR, entertainment, media), and knows how to speak to candidates about the agency world.
- Experience in the application of CA, NY, and other states’ employment practices.
- Excellent written skills; this role will be responsible for writing job descriptions (like this one!).
About Darkroom & Employee Benefits:
Darkroom is a vertically integrated digital agency pioneering the next generation of consumer-facing brands. Our team has been responsible for generating hundreds of millions of dollars in market value for some of the most innovative brands in the world. A category leader in results-driven growth marketing, Darkroom’s success is attributed to our unique partnership model, purposefully built to launch brands to market and accelerate growth across direct-to-consumer. Our model is predicated on four major disciplines — Brand & Identity, Digital Products, Creative Production, and Growth Marketing – threaded by one cohesive, interdisciplinary team.
Taking the startup mindset to the agency space, the collective expertise of our team of entrepreneurs and senior digital marketers are deeply aware of the newest trends in e-commerce, development, and digital marketing. Our learned experience has allowed us to take clients (and internal ventures) from $0 to millions in revenue in just a few months. We work with game-changing brands: Verb Energy, Everytable, VYBES, Joybird, & Maaji – to name a few.
We're building the future of advertising and are looking for the minds to help us do it. We only seek out the best—from our clients to our people. Our team is our most sacred asset, and we offer highly competitive salaries and the following perks:
- Darkweek, Unlimited Vacation Policy, and Holidays: Rebooting is one of the most important parts of growth. At Darkroom, you have access to an unlimited vacation policy, our annual “Darkweek” full office closure, and 10 holidays throughout the year to keep you recharged and sharp.
- Location, location, (or no) location: Office and work locations where the most talented people want to live. Employee hubs include Los Angeles, New York, Ukraine, and Albania (Commuter benefits in LA only). Remote work for certain jobs applicable.
- Wellness: Company-sponsored medical, dental, and vision benefits with, so you can stay as healthy as can be.
- Finances, growth, and retirement: After one year with Darkroom, we deliver a robust 401k program with company match, and a profit-sharing opportunity so we can help you save as the company grows.
- Creativity at our core: in-house Los Angeles-based studio with some of the best creatives in the business.
- Growth-oriented with endless opportunities: contribute to one of the fastest-growing advertising agencies in the United States.
- Darkroom Labs: internal idea factory with no boundaries. Come up with ideas for new tools, technology, or products
- Work on the best with the best: we are highly selective with who we work with– both clients and team members. Our business development process is characterized by finding “right-fit,” category-leading brands. We look for the people to match.