We're building the future of advertising and are looking for the minds to help us do it.
Darkroom is a digital growth agency building legendary e-commerce companies and digital experiences. We are a team of industry-leading marketers and best-in-class creatives building LA’s fastest-growing marketing agency.
We are looking for a self-driven graphic designer to join our team. As a design associate at Darkroom, your primary duty will be to develop and assist in the development of email and marketing collateral designs for a variety of clients. Our clients generate hundreds of thousands of dollars in revenue each month from their email strategies and SMS campaigns. At the core of generating revenue from customers is the look, feel, and ultimate visual story that the design of emails can produce. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about using their design skills to tell a compelling story and help our customers grow their businesses.
This job can be based in our Los Angeles office or remote, within the United States.
What You’ll Do:
- Creating and designing unique and conversion-based email campaigns and flows.
- Email marketing template creation.
- Creating GIFs, graphics, and images for SMS marketing campaign usage.
- Collaborate with the retention marketing team to execute on designs.
- Quickly ideate on email designs and implement changes quickly given client or internal feedback.
- Develop comprehensive design strategies that can be incorporated into other client marketing initiatives.
- Work alongside Darkroom’s Design and Brand & Identity departments and convert their visions to purposeful use on the email and SMS platforms.
- Adhering to brand guidelines, and adapting existing creative for email usage based on the development of design systems.
- Work alongside a Design Lead on projects that span Brand Identity creation, User-interface for digital products, and social graphics
What You’ll Need to be Successful:
- Past email design experience / digitally-focused portfolio
- A desire for growth into other design positions at Darkroom
- Interactions directly with clients/accounts is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly creative and imaginative
- Experience with Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Excellent taste and aesthetic skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ready to take the initiative and find solutions when given little direction
- Able to iterate in a fast paced environment
- Communication & presentation skills
- Accepts and provides constructive feedback
About Darkroom & Employee Benefits:
Darkroom is a vertically integrated digital agency pioneering the next generation of consumer-facing brands. Our team has been responsible for generating hundreds of millions of dollars in market value for some of the most innovative brands in the world. A category leader in results-driven growth marketing, Darkroom’s success is attributed to our unique partnership model, purposefully built to launch brands to market and accelerate growth across direct-to-consumer. Our model is predicated on four major disciplines — Brand & Identity, Digital Products, Creative Production, and Growth Marketing – threaded by one cohesive, interdisciplinary team.
Taking the startup mindset to the agency space, the collective expertise of our team of entrepreneurs and senior digital marketers are deeply aware of the newest trends in e-commerce, development, and digital marketing. Our learned experience has allowed us to take clients (and internal ventures) from $0 to millions in revenue in just a few months. We work with game-changing brands: Verb Energy, Everytable, VYBES, Joybird, & Maaji – to name a few.
We're building the future of advertising and are looking for the minds to help us do it. We only seek out the best—from our clients to our people. Our team is our most sacred asset, and we offer highly competitive salaries and the following perks:
- Darkweek, Unlimited Vacation Policy, and Holidays: Rebooting is one of the most important parts of growth. At Darkroom, you have access to an unlimited vacation policy, our annual “Darkweek” full office closure, and 10 holidays throughout the year to keep you recharged and sharp.
- Location, location, (or no) location: Office and work locations where the most talented people want to live. Employee hubs include Los Angeles, New York, Ukraine, and Albania (Commuter benefits in LA only). Remote work for certain jobs applicable.
- Wellness: Company-sponsored medical, dental, and vision benefits with, so you can stay as healthy as can be.
- Finances, growth, and retirement: After one year with Darkroom, we deliver a robust 401k program with company match, and a profit-sharing opportunity so we can help you save as the company grows.
- Creativity at our core: in-house Los Angeles-based studio with some of the best creatives in the business.
- Growth-oriented with endless opportunities: contribute to one of the fastest-growing advertising agencies in the United States.
- Darkroom Labs: internal idea factory with no boundaries. Come up with ideas for new tools, technology, or products
- Work on the best with the best: we are highly selective with who we work with– both clients and team members. Our business development process is characterized by finding “right-fit,” category-leading brands. We look for the people to match.