Senior Email Marketing Manager
We're building the future of advertising and are looking for the minds to help us do it.
We are looking for a proven marketing manager to work with our Retention Marketing department at Darkroom. As one of the leaders of the Email & SMS marketing vertical, your primary duty will be to develop and manage a team of Marketing Coordinators and Designers, who craft large-scale marketing campaigns from ideation to implementation across a wide variety of industries throughout e-commerce (think – fashion, consumer goods, food & beverage and more). Our clients are some of the fastest-growing DTC brands in the market today and look to Darkroom to provide strategic insights and campaigns that integrate all four of our disciplines. Our retention marketing team’s ultimate objective is to grow as a team and scale our client’s revenue by delivering personalized communications across multiple platforms.
This job can be based in our Los Angeles office, or remotely, within the state of California or New York.
Who You Are:
We're looking for an all-star Senior Retention Marketing Manager to join our team! In this role, you'll work closely with the VP of Retention Marketing to lead a team of retention experts to success!
Your past title would have included either Retention, Email, CRM, Loyalty, or Growth Marketing in an agency setting.
You have past experience working at an agency and working with multiple clients.
You’re a Klaviyo expert with advanced knowledge of Shopify and their tech stack options such as Privy, JustUno, Yotpo, etc.
You have developed SMS and loyalty programs and worked on an SMS platform such as Attentive, PostScript, SMSBump, or Klaviyo.
You're used to working in a fast-paced environment and can project manage multiple tasks at once for yourself and your team.
You are able to project manage a team and have had multiple direct reports.
You’re a lover of data and making data driven decisions.
A Day in the Life:
You will spend your day overseeing a team of experts and assisting them in driving success for their clients.
You will be the escalation point of contact for your team’s clients and work.
On a monthly and quarterly basis, you will work with the team to review strategies for clients and help determine how to execute those strategies.
On a daily basis, you will help project manage the team by scoping out deliverables and reporting on capacity for the team.
You’ll assist in setting KPIs for the clients each month and reporting back to leadership as well as the clients on these goals.
You will train, coach, and mentor each of your team members to help them reach the next level of their career. On a weekly basis you will meet with each team member to ensure they have an appropriate workload and support with any issues they may be experiencing.
On a quarterly basis you will work with the VP of Retention Marketing on broader retention initiatives and new developments for the department.
Great to Haves:
Experience working at an agency that is partnered with Klaviyo.
Experience working specifically with Yotpo, Postscript, Swell Rewards, and JustUno.
Have a proven track record of growing brands’ retention programs through incredibly creative and unique strategies.
A bachelor's or master's degree in marketing (not required by nice to have).
Google Analytics certification.
About Darkroom & Employee Benefits:
Darkroom is a vertically integrated digital agency pioneering the next generation of consumer-facing brands. Our team has been responsible for generating hundreds of millions of dollars in market value for some of the most innovative brands in the world. A category leader in results-driven growth marketing, Darkroom’s success is attributed to our unique partnership model, purposefully built to launch brands to market and accelerate growth across direct-to-consumer. Our model is predicated on four major disciplines — Brand & Identity, Digital Products, Creative Production, and Growth Marketing – threaded by one cohesive, interdisciplinary team.
Taking the startup mindset to the agency space, the collective expertise of our team of entrepreneurs and senior digital marketers are deeply aware of the newest trends in e-commerce, development, and digital marketing. Our learned experience has allowed us to take clients (and internal ventures) from $0 to millions in revenue in just a few months. We work with game-changing brands: Verb Energy, Everytable, VYBES, Joybird, & Maaji – to name a few.
We're building the future of advertising and are looking for the minds to help us do it. We only seek out the best—from our clients to our people. Our team is our most sacred asset, and we offer highly competitive salaries and the following perks:
- Darkweek, Unlimited Vacation Policy, and Holidays: Rebooting is one of the most important parts of growth. At Darkroom, you have access to an unlimited vacation policy, our annual “Darkweek” full office closure, and 10 holidays throughout the year to keep you recharged and sharp.
- Location, location, (or no) location: Office and work locations where the most talented people want to live. Employee hubs include Los Angeles, New York, Ukraine, and Albania (Commuter benefits in LA only). Remote work for certain jobs applicable.
- Wellness: Company-sponsored medical, dental, and vision benefits with, so you can stay as healthy as can be.
- Finances, growth, and retirement: After one year with Darkroom, we deliver a robust 401k program with company match, and a profit-sharing opportunity so we can help you save as the company grows.
- Creativity at our core: in-house Los Angeles-based studio with some of the best creatives in the business.
- Growth-oriented with endless opportunities: contribute to one of the fastest-growing advertising agencies in the United States.
- Darkroom Labs: internal idea factory with no boundaries. Come up with ideas for new tools, technology, or products
- Work on the best with the best: we are highly selective with who we work with– both clients and team members. Our business development process is characterized by finding “right-fit,” category-leading brands. We look for the people to match.