Entrepreneur In Residence
We're building the future of e-commerce brands and are looking for the minds to help us do it.
Darkroom’s Entrepreneur In Residence is the backbone of Darkroom Labs. Crucial to the success of our ventures, our EIR will be spearheading the growth and organization behind each brand - focusing on fundraising, partnerships, organization, hiring, and process iteration to ensure each of our ventures are operating smoothly and set up for sustainable growth.
This job can be based in our New York or Los Angeles office (strong preference), or anywhere in the United States for the right candidate.
What you’ll do:
- Fundraising — working with our general counsel and venture partners (VCs, Venture Studios, Angel Investors, and High Net Worth Individuals) to raise money for our ventures or come up with sound fundraising strategies and roadmaps.
- Partnerships — establish strategic partnerships with manufacturers and venture studios to constantly conceptualize new ways to launch business or enhance or portfolio of brands.
- Ensuring Success — continuously monitor high-level strategy and low-level tasks to ensure deadlines are being met and brands are headed in the right direction. Act as the arbiter of success between internal ventures and Darkroom.
- Removing Barriers — act as a singular point of contact to remove bottlenecks and ensure progress is being made towards objectives with external joint venture stakeholders, as well as internal venture CEOs and leaders.
- Tracking progress — define key milestones, KPIs, and specific tasks to reach success, then track progress and keep all parties organized towards achieving these goals.
- Acting as an owner — make complex strategic business decisions in a fast-moving environment.
- Working and identifying opportunities for full time hires — identify opportunities to hire and effectively place employees into ventures.
- Building out process — consistently iterate on our process for launching and scaling new ventures.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor's Degree or similar equivalent experience.
- Minimum 4 years experience working with e-commerce or retail brands.
- Strong work ethic, can operate effectively in a remote, fast-paced environment.
- Experience with e-commerce specific growth, from branding to paid acquisition.
- Deep understanding of common issues in early-stage companies
- Strong knowledge of supply chain and logistics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to think and communicate strategically, creatively, and analytically.
- High attention to detail, deadlines, and accuracy.
- Past experience in a venture studio, at a venture-backed company, or bootstrapping your own startup.
About Darkroom & Employee Benefits:
Darkroom is a vertically integrated digital agency pioneering the next generation of consumer-facing brands. Our team has been responsible for generating hundreds of millions of dollars in market value for some of the most innovative brands in the world. A category leader in results-driven growth marketing, Darkroom’s success is attributed to our unique partnership model, purposefully built to launch brands to market and accelerate growth across direct-to-consumer. Our model is predicated on four major disciplines — Brand & Identity, Digital Products, Creative Production, and Growth Marketing – threaded by one cohesive, interdisciplinary team.
Taking the startup mindset to the agency space, the collective expertise of our team of entrepreneurs and senior digital marketers are deeply aware of the newest trends in e-commerce, development, and digital marketing. Our learned experience has allowed us to take clients (and internal ventures) from $0 to millions in revenue in just a few months. We work with game-changing brands: Verb Energy, Everytable, VYBES, Joybird, & Maaji – to name a few.
We're building the future of advertising and are looking for the minds to help us do it. We only seek out the best—from our clients to our people. Our team is our most sacred asset, and we offer highly competitive salaries and the following perks:
- Darkweek, Unlimited Vacation Policy, and Holidays: Rebooting is one of the most important parts of growth. At Darkroom, you have access to an unlimited vacation policy, our annual “Darkweek” full office closure, and 10 holidays throughout the year to keep you recharged and sharp.
- Location, location, (or no) location: Office and work locations where the most talented people want to live. Employee hubs include Los Angeles, New York, Ukraine, and Albania (Commuter benefits in LA only). Remote work for certain jobs applicable.
- Wellness: Company-sponsored medical, dental, and vision benefits with, so you can stay as healthy as can be.
- Finances, growth, and savings: After one year with Darkroom, we deliver a robust 401k program with company match, and a profit-sharing opportunity so we can help you save as the company grows.
- Creativity at our core: in-house Los Angeles-based studio with some of the best creatives in the business.
- Growth-oriented with endless opportunities: contribute to one of the fastest-growing advertising agencies in the United States.
- Darkroom Labs: internal idea factory with no boundaries. Come up with ideas for new tools, technology, or products
- Work on the best with the best: we are highly selective with who we work with– both clients and team members. Our business development process is characterized by finding “right-fit,” category-leading brands. We look for the people to match.