Senior Account Executive
We're building the future of advertising and are looking for the minds to help us do it.
Darkroom is a performance-focused marketing team that delivers legendary brand experiences for D2C and B2B businesses, with a specific emphasis on e-commerce.
As a collective group of best-in-class creatives combined with omnichannel performance marketers who all currently represent LA’s fastest-growing full-service agency, Darkroom, we are looking to bring on an ambitious and goal-oriented individual to help bring in new and exciting companies for us to work with.
Businesses that partner with Darkroom will come in all shapes, sizes, and market caps, and no one Darkroom solution works for all. As a Senior Account Executive, your primary responsibility will be to close new and existing businesses while leading the team in New and Existing Revenue. Your knowledge of Digital Marketing, Brand Development, and Creative Production will shape how new and existing clients grow.
In this position, you will use your influence and relationship-building skills to provide best-in-class service, analytical advice, and industry-leading insight. With your persistence in driving decision-making, combined with a relentless ability to uncover core business needs, you will be setting the long-term vision and strategy for how Darkroom clients will brand and market their business.
You will be working and collaborating closely with both the CEO and VP of Business Development to gain a deeper understanding of our business and the types of companies we service best. This is an amazing opportunity that will provide you with the tools, skills, and knowledge to operate at a high velocity while helping to scale one of the nation's top marketing teams.
What you'll do:
- Deliver against assigned monthly/quarterly goals while prioritizing and delivering an outstanding experience to Darkroom's prospective and current clients.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of all our services and be able to clearly articulate them to prospective clients
- Develop custom-tailored strategic plans and conduct consultative sales presentations
- Grow and retain your existing book of business
- Daily phone prospecting and cold calling
- Daily email prospecting and follow-ups
- CRM management (Hubspot)
- Attend networking events & conferences
What you'll need to be successful:
- BA or equivalent
- Proven 4+ years of work experience in agency or consultative sales
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, phone, and in person).
- Understanding of e-commerce businesses
- Experience with business growth techniques including effective questioning, objection handling, competitive selling and closing.
- Proven success managing a sales portfolio in business development, with client relationship and servicing skills and solution-based selling skills.
- Proactive and hands-on attitude - you're ready to hit the ground running
- Strong understanding of CRM (Hubspot)
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues and develop recommendations and action plans
- Stellar strategic planning and proposal presentation skills
- Sense of ownership and pride in performance and its impact on company success
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- You thrive in ambiguity and love turning a messy situation into a well functioning operation
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
About Darkroom & Employee Benefits:
Darkroom is a vertically integrated digital agency pioneering the next generation of consumer-facing brands. Our team has been responsible for generating hundreds of millions of dollars in market value for some of the most innovative brands in the world. A category leader in results-driven growth marketing, Darkroom’s success is attributed to our unique partnership model, purposefully built to launch brands to market and accelerate growth across direct-to-consumer. Our model is predicated on four major disciplines — Brand & Identity, Digital Products, Creative Production, and Growth Marketing – threaded by one cohesive, interdisciplinary team.
Taking the startup mindset to the agency space, the collective expertise of our team of entrepreneurs and senior digital marketers are deeply aware of the newest trends in e-commerce, development, and digital marketing. Our learned experience has allowed us to take clients (and internal ventures) from $0 to millions in revenue in just a few months. We work with game-changing brands: Verb Energy, Everytable, VYBES, Joybird, & Maaji – to name a few.
We're building the future of advertising and are looking for the minds to help us do it. We only seek out the best—from our clients to our people. Our team is our most sacred asset, and we offer highly competitive salaries and the following perks:
- Darkweek, Unlimited Vacation Policy, and Holidays: Rebooting is one of the most important parts of growth. At Darkroom, you have access to an unlimited vacation policy, our annual “Darkweek” full office closure, and two weeks mandatory paid leave + holidays throughout the year to keep you recharged and sharp.
- Location, location, (or no) location: Office and work locations where the most talented people want to live. Employee hubs include Los Angeles, New York, Ukraine, and Albania (Commuter benefits in LA only). Remote work for certain jobs applicable.
- Wellness: Company-sponsored medical, dental, and vision benefits with, so you can stay as healthy as can be.
- Finances, growth, and retirement: After one year with Darkroom, we deliver a robust 401k program with company matching, and a profit-sharing opportunity so we can help you save as the company grows.
- Creativity at our core: in-house Los Angeles-based studio with some of the best creatives in the business.
- Growth-oriented with endless opportunities: contribute to one of the fastest-growing advertising agencies in the United States.
- Darkroom Labs: internal idea factory with no boundaries. Come up with ideas for new tools, technology, or products
- Work on the best with the best: we are highly selective with who we work with– both clients and team members. Our business development process is characterized by finding “right-fit,” category-leading brands. We look for the people to match.