Email Marketing Manager
Darkroom is a vertically integrated digital agency pioneering the next generation of consumer-facing brands. Our team has been responsible for generating hundreds of millions of dollars in market value for some of the most innovative brands in the world. A category leader in results-driven growth marketing, Darkroom’s success is attributed to our unique partnership model, purposefully built to launch brands to market and accelerate growth. Our model is predicated on four major disciplines — Brand & Identity, Digital Products, Creative Production, and Growth Marketing – threaded by one cohesive, interdisciplinary team.
Taking the startup mindset to the agency space, the collective expertise of our team of e-commerce entrepreneurs and senior digital marketers are deeply aware of the newest trends in e-commerce, development, and digital marketing. Our learned experience has allowed us to take clients (and internal ventures) from $0 to millions in revenue in just a few months. We work with game-changing brands: Verb Energy, Everytable, VYBES, Article No., ZOA Energy, Maaji – to name a few.
We're building the future of advertising and are looking for the minds to help us do it. We only seek out the best—from our clients to our people. We offer highly competitive salaries, benefits, 401k with match, and offices and work locations where the most talented people want to live. Our team is our most sacred asset.
Who You Are
We're looking for an all-star Retention Marketing Manager to join our team! In this role, you'll work closely with the VP of Retention Marketing to develop and execute customized retention strategies for our clients.
- Your past title would have included either Retention, Email, CRM, Loyalty, or Growth Marketing for a D2C brand or D2C clients.
- You have experience working in Klaviyo or a similar ESP. Additionally, you have knowledge of Shopify and their tech stack options such as Privy, JustUno, Yotpo, etc.
- You have developed SMS and loyalty programming strategies and worked on an SMS platform such as Attentive, PostScript, SMSBump, or Klaviyo.
- You're used to working in a fast paced environment and can project manage multiple tasks at once for yourself and your team.
- Reviewing analytics and writing insights is second nature to you- you love making data driven decisions.
A Day in the Life
- You will be the core point of contact for select clients working to develop their retention strategies. On a weekly basis, you will meet with your clients to discuss current and future initiatives.
- On a daily basis, you will project manage the tasks for your clients and delegate these tasks to your team consisting of both specialists and designers. You will also review briefs and designs for approval before they are sent to the client.
- You will coordinate cross-departmentally with the performance marketing to ensure strategic efforts all aligned for shared clients.
- On a monthly basis, you will set KPIs for your clients. You will report on key metrics and write clear insights and recommendations based on these reports.
- You will execute on automation/flow logic set-up, pop-up builds, and app integrations.
- You'll have weekly 1:1s with your direct reports and manage their workload and capacity to ensure their happiness. Additionally, you will help train the team to help your direct reports succeed and grow.
Great to Haves
- Past experience working at an agency or working with multiple clients.
- Experience working with Yotpo, Swell Rewards, JustUno, and other Shopify tech that integrates with Klaviyo.
- You've had at least one direct report before OR exceptional leadership skills working with cross-functional teams.
- A bachelor's or master's degree in marketing.
- Google Analytics certification.
- Fully remote, though we do have an office in L.A. if you ever want to stop by!
- Fun, fast-paced startup environment.
- Every role makes a difference - shape your own career path and company culture
- International, motivated team with flat hierarchies
- Attractive opportunities for growth
Why work at Darkroom
- Competitive salary based on experience level
- Unlimited vacation days
- Startup culture with a beautiful office (and a full in-house production studio)
- Entrepreneurial encouragement to launch companies internally with revenue share structures
- Health and commuter benefits
- Top-notch clients