Email Marketing Specialist
Darkroom is a vertically integrated digital agency pioneering the next generation of consumer-facing brands. Our team has been responsible for generating hundreds of millions of dollars in market value for some of the most innovative brands in the world. A category leader in results-driven growth marketing, Darkroom’s success is attributed to our unique partnership model, purposefully built to launch brands to market and accelerate growth. Our model is predicated on four major disciplines — Brand & Identity, Digital Products, Creative Production, and Growth Marketing – threaded by one cohesive, interdisciplinary team.
Taking the startup mindset to the agency space, the collective expertise of our team of e-commerce entrepreneurs and senior digital marketers are deeply aware of the newest trends in e-commerce, development, and digital marketing. Our learned experience has allowed us to take clients (and internal ventures) from $0 to millions in revenue in just a few months. We work with game-changing brands: Verb Energy, Everytable, VYBES, Article No., ZOA Energy, Maaji – to name a few.
We're building the future of advertising and are looking for the minds to help us do it. We only seek out the best—from our clients to our people. We offer highly competitive salaries, benefits, 401k with match, and offices and work locations where the most talented people want to live. Our team is our most sacred asset.
Who You Are
We're looking for an all-star Retention Marketing Specialist to join our team! In this role, you'll work closely with the Retention Marketing Manager to execute on customized retention strategies for our clients.
- Your past title would have included the word marketing or communications.
- You have experience working with email to some degree, whether it be writing email copy or deploying emails on an email platform.
- You're used to working in a fast paced environment and can project manage multiple tasks at once.
- You have exceptional writing skills and love being creative with copy! You naturally can come up with fun marketing campaigns for clients.
A Day in the Life
- You will work directly with a Retention Marketing Manager to execute on data driven strategies for our clients.
- On a daily basis, you will execute on tasks for the clients including building, proofing, and scheduling email campaigns.
- On a monthly basis, you will come up with creative campaign concepts for the clients’ marketing calendars.
- You’ll produce the copy for your campaign concepts and work directly with the client to gain approval on briefs before sending them to the designer.
- You will work very closely with the design team to make sure the vision for the campaign comes to life.
- Additionally, you’re super driven and love coming to the team with new ideas for email and sms campaigns!
Great to Haves
- Past experience working at an agency or working with multiple clients.
- Experience working with Klaviyo or a similar ESP.
- A bachelor's degree in marketing.
- Google Analytics certification.
- Fully remote, though we do have an office in L.A. if you ever want to stop by!
- Fun, fast-paced startup environment.
- Every role makes a difference - shape your own career path and company culture
- International, motivated team with flat hierarchies
- Attractive opportunities for growth
- Why work at Darkroom
- Competitive salary based on experience level
- Unlimited vacation days
- Startup culture with a beautiful office (and a full in-house production studio)
- Entrepreneurial encouragement to launch companies internally with revenue share structures
- Health and commuter benefits
- Top-notch clients