Darkroom is a vertically integrated digital agency pioneering the next generation of consumer-facing brands. Our team has been responsible for generating hundreds of millions of dollars in market value for some of the most innovative brands in the world. A category leader in results-driven growth marketing, Darkroom’s success is attributed to our unique partnership model, purposefully built to launch brands to market and accelerate growth. Our model is predicated on four major disciplines — Brand & Identity, Digital Products, Creative Production and Growth Marketing – threaded by one cohesive, interdisciplinary team.
Taking the startup mindset to the agency space, the collective expertise of our team of e-commerce entrepreneurs and senior digital marketers are deeply aware of the newest trends in e-commerce, development, and digital marketing. Our learned experience has allowed us to take clients (and internal ventures) from $0 to millions in revenue in just a few months. We work with game-changing brands: Verb Energy, Everytable, VYBES, Article No., ZOA Energy, Maaji – to name a few.
We're building the future of advertising and are looking for the minds to help us do it. We only seek out the best—from our clients to our people. We offer highly competitive salaries, benefits, 401k with match, and offices and work locations where the most talented people want to live. Our team is our most sacred asset.
We are looking for a talented video editor to join our team. As a Junior Editor at Darkroom, your primary duty will be to work with our Lead Editor on creating, designing, editing creative and UGC ads.
Your role will be vital for creating scroll-stopping, high-performing ads for our wide range of production partners.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Edit videos and photos produced by our in-house production team or handed off by one of our many brands.
- Read, understand, and implement directional notes on photos and videos by our directors, producers, and/or production partners.
- Build the UGC and Paid Ad Post Production Process.
- Own the editing of photo and video exports for production partners.
- Be the go-to person for quick ad copy changes, quick photo edits, quick photo and video resizing, and exporting final assets for our team to run on all channels.
- Report and help manage the Google Drive and Back-Up Production Servers.
- 1-3 years of photo and video editing experience required
- Strong understanding of Google Suite, Final Cut Pro X, and Adobe Creative Suite system required.
- Extensive knowledge of Social Media and Influencer Marketing needed for this role
- Sense of ownership and pride in performance and its impact on company success
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- You thrive in ambiguity and love turning a messy situation into a well functioning operation
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- VFX / Animation experience is a bonus, but not required.
- 4K Monitor and MacBook Pro
- Fun, fast-paced startup environment located in DTLA (with our own in-house studio) – We are currently WFH during COVID-19
- Every role makes a difference - shape your own career path and company culture
- International, motivated team with flat hierarchies
- Attractive opportunities for growth
Why work at Darkroom:
- Competitive salary based on experience level
- Unlimited vacation days
- Startup culture with a beautiful office (and a full in-house production studio)
- Entrepreneurial encouragement to launch companies internally with revenue share structures
- Health and commuter benefits
- Top-notch clients