Senior Retention Marketing Manager
Darkroom is a vertically integrated digital agency pioneering the next generation of consumer-facing brands. Our team has been responsible for generating hundreds of millions of dollars in market value for some of the most innovative brands in the world. A category leader in results-driven growth marketing, Darkroom’s success is attributed to our unique partnership model, purposefully built to launch brands to market and accelerate growth. Our model is predicated on four major disciplines — Brand & Identity, Digital Products, Creative Production, and Growth Marketing – threaded by one cohesive, interdisciplinary team.
Taking the startup mindset to the agency space, the collective expertise of our team of e-commerce entrepreneurs and senior digital marketers are deeply aware of the newest trends in e-commerce, development, and digital marketing. Our learned experience has allowed us to take clients (and internal ventures) from $0 to millions in revenue in just a few months. We work with game-changing brands: Verb Energy, Everytable, VYBES, Article No., ZOA Energy, Maaji – to name a few.
We're building the future of advertising and are looking for the minds to help us do it. We only seek out the best—from our clients to our people. We offer highly competitive salaries, benefits, 401k with match, and offices and work locations where the most talented people want to live. Our team is our most sacred asset.
We are looking for a self-driven Retention Marketing Manager to join our team. As an expert on the retention marketing team at Darkroom, your primary duty will be to develop and assist in handling large-scale email & SMS marketing campaigns from development to execution across a wide variety of industries throughout e-commerce (cannabis, CBD, fashion, consumer goods, and more).
Our retention marketing team’s ultimate objective is to grow as a team and scale our client’s revenue by delivering personalized communications across multiple platforms.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- You will develop, lead, and execute email, push, and SMS marketing strategies for lifecycle, transactional, triggered, and promotional campaigns to increase specific business KPIs and overall user LTV.
- Utilize data to monitor the performance and health of programs and identify areas for improvement; generate and test hypotheses to improve monthly performance.
- Establish rigorous A/B and multivariate testing agendas to test subject lines, content, cadence, segmentation, and timing to constantly improve results.
- Be the voice of Darkroom in all program-related conversations with clients on meetings, and brainstorms, including changes to the business, strategy, product, and brand.
- Be the authority on the customer's user journey; develop a deep understanding of the user mindset, behavior, and how best to use it to deliver results, all while utilizing insightful data insights.
- Translate high-level initiatives into actionable go-to-market strategies and execution plans, driving cross-channel marketing plans from kick-off to launch.
- Create your own roadmap of initiatives that deliver KPIs that align with customer's goals.
- Learn and understand each client’s unique brand voice so you can speak to their audiences in the most effective way possible.
- Brainstorm customer acquisition, campaign content, and segmentations independently or alongside other team members.
- Optimize existing email automation with frequent multi-variant a/b testing of subject lines, time of send content, etc.
- Proof and QA campaigns to ensure a 100% error-free execution.
- BA or equivalent
- 1-3+ years in email marketing, SMS marketing, or background in e-commerce.
- 1-3+ years of copywriting experience in an agency or freelancing environment.
- 1-3+ years of experience in handling your clients/accounts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent copywriting skills.
- Excellent taste and aesthetic skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Highly creative and imaginative.
- Adobe Photoshop experience is a plus.
- Ready to take the initiative and find solutions when given little direction.
- Understanding of digital marketing principles, specifically email marketing best practices.
- Knowledge of Klaviyo and/or other email marketing automation tools like Mailchimp.
- Knowledge of HTML and experience with WordPress a plus.
- Proven track record of creating, implementing, and optimizing complex email programs to meet business goals.
- Fun, fast-paced startup environment located (with our own in-house studio) – We are currently WFH during COVID-19 and open to full-time remote employees
- Every role makes a difference - shape your own career path and company culture
- International, motivated team with flat hierarchies
- Attractive opportunities for growth
Why work at Darkroom:
- Competitive salary based on experience level
- Unlimited vacation days
- Startup culture with a beautiful office (and a full in-house production studio)
- Entrepreneurial encouragement to launch companies internally with revenue share structures
- Health and commuter benefits
- Top-notch clients