Paid Media Marketing Manager
Darkroom is a digital growth agency building legendary e-commerce companies and digital experiences. We are a team of industry-leading marketers and best-in-class creatives building LA’s fastest-growing marketing agency. We are looking to add exceptional individuals to our Downtown LA-based team.
As a growth marketer at Darkroom, you will be responsible for handling ad spend and generating profits for Darkroom clients across a wide variety of industries. The ultimate objective of our growth marketing team is to grow and scale our client’s paid media accounts by driving equal or lower costs per customer acquisition while increasing paid media spend. He or she should demonstrate excellent communication skills, along with proficiency in advertising and marketing principles to evaluate the most cost-effective paid media solutions for Darkroom's clients.
Here are some examples of the work you might tackle while on the job and expectations we might have of you prior to joining our team:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, and implement comprehensive paid media strategies to increase brand visibility and recognition and drive new user acquisition and leads via paid media campaigns.
- Conduct thorough brand and website audits to understand our clients’ key value proposition, core products, brand aesthetic and identify opportunities to successfully market them and make them stand out in the marketplace.
- Conduct competitive research to ensure success in the ad space and new acquisition audience targeting.
- Manage between 5-10 paid media accounts (including but not limited to: Facebook/Instagram Ads, Google/YouTube Ads, LinkedIn Ads, and other social platforms like Twitter and TikTok) on behalf of Darkroom clients, with aggregate monthly spends ranging between $25,000 - $1M.
- Utilize Platform Ad Managers, 3rd party reporting tools, and Google Analytics to develop insights and action items intended to increase our clients’ revenues month-over-month and solve for attribution.
- Understand important KPI and industry wide benchmarks throughout all steps in the e-commerce marketing funnel.
- Implement real-time and reactionary ads buying decisions across multiple platforms in response to up- or down- trends happening on ads platforms.
- Preemptively develop 30-60-90 days strategies for clientele based on perceived success metrics, ad spend, and campaign performance.
- Deep dive into competitor research, industry knowns, and brand identity to manage client expectations and continually brainstorm new strategic ideas alongside team members and in collaboration with the client to ensure growth for clientele.
- Understand digital marketing best practice and readily contribute to overarching marketing strategies to ensure client success across the board - even if its paid media adjacent or outside of channel control.
- Understand full-funnel marketing strategies to ensure new acquisition, list growth, e-commerce, website CRO, retention, and overall client success based around marketing discussions and strategies that work in tandem with paid media and performance efforts.
- 2+ years of paid media advertising experience preferred (building high converting funnels and driving quantifiable results).
- 2+ years managing paid social and paid search advertising clients
- Expertise in developing, testing, and optimizing advertisement copy and creative
- Experience in keyword targeting and audience optimization across multiple platforms
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Top-notch critical thinking skills
- High-growth mindset
- Fun, fast-paced startup environment located in DTLA (with our own in-house studio) – We are currently WFH during COVID-19
- Every role makes a difference - shape your own career path and company culture
- International, motivated team with flat hierarchies
- Attractive opportunities for growth
Why work at Darkroom:
- Competitive salary based on experience level
- Unlimited vacation days
- Startup culture with a beautiful office (and a full in-house production studio)
- Entrepreneurial encouragement to launch companies internally with revenue share structures
- Health and commuter benefits
- Top-notch clients