Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager (BDM)
Darkroom is a performance-focused marketing team that delivers legendary brand experiences for D2C and B2B businesses, with a specific emphasis on e-commerce.
As a collective group of best-in-class creatives combined with performance marketers who all currently represent LA’s fastest-growing full-service agency, Darkroom, we are looking to bring on an ambitious and goal-oriented individual to help bring in new and exciting companies for us to work with.
Businesses that partner with Darkroom will come in all shapes, sizes, and market caps, and no one Darkroom solution works for all. As a Business Development Management (BDM), your primary responsibility will be to close new and existing businesses. Your knowledge of Digital Marketing, Brand Development, and Creative Production will shape how new and existing clients grow.
In this position, you will use your influence and relationship-building skills to provide best-in-class service, analytical advice, and industry-leading insight. With your persistence in driving decision-making, combined with a relentless ability to uncover core business needs, you will be setting the long-term vision and strategy for how Darkroom clients will brand and market their business.
You will be working and collaborating closely with both the CEO and VP of Business Development to gain a deeper understanding of our business and the types of companies we service best. This is an amazing opportunity that will provide you with the tools, skills, and knowledge to operate at a high velocity while helping to scale one of the nation's top marketing teams.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver against assigned monthly/quarterly goals while prioritizing and delivering an outstanding experience to Darkroom's prospective and current clients.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of all our services and be able to clearly articulate them to prospective clients
- Develop custom-tailored strategic plans and conduct consultative sales presentations
- Grow and retain your existing book of business
- Daily phone prospecting and cold calling
- Daily email prospecting and follow-ups
- CRM management (Hubspot)
- Attend networking events & conferences
- BA or equivalent
- Proven 3+ years of work experience in agency or consultative sales
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, phone, and in-person).
- Understanding of e-commerce businesses
- Experience with business growth techniques including effective questioning, objection handling, competitive selling and closing.
- Proven success managing a sales portfolio in business development, with client relationship and servicing skills and solution-based selling skills.
- Proactive and hands-on attitude - you're ready to hit the ground running
- Strong understanding of CRM (Hubspot)
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues and develop recommendations and action plans
- Stellar strategic planning and proposal presentation skills
- Sense of ownership and pride in performance and its impact on company success
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- You thrive in ambiguity and love turning a messy situation into a well functioning operation
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Fun, fast-paced startup environment located in DTLA (with our own in-house studio) – We are currently WFH during COVID-19
- Every role makes a difference - shape your own career path and company culture
- International, motivated team with flat hierarchies
- Attractive opportunities for growth
Why work at Darkroom:
- Competitive salary based on experience level
- Unlimited vacation days
- Startup culture with a beautiful office (and a full in-house production studio)
- Entrepreneurial encouragement to launch companies internally with revenue share structures
- Health and commuter benefits
- Top-notch clients