Strategic Account Manager
Darkroom is a digital growth agency building legendary e-commerce companies and digital experiences. We are a team of industry-leading marketers and best-in-class creatives building LA’s fastest-growing marketing agency. We are looking to add exceptional individuals to our LA-based team.
We are looking for an experienced and self-driven Strategic Account Manager to join our team. As SAM at Darkroom, your primary duty will be to develop and manage digital marketing strategies with our clients and help them achieve their digital marketing goals. Some of their goals may include better online presence and impressions, better lead generation, or increased revenue and sales.
Your role will be vital for client success, satisfaction, and, ultimately, loyalty. You’ll be an essential piece of the internal Darkroom operations team ensuring timelines are adhered to, projects are on track, and be a main point of contact in communicating with our clients. You’ll be the source of truth when it comes to what our client’s expectations are, how they are performing, and any identifying risks or new opportunities for growth.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build long-term relationships with clients
- Investigate and determine client wants and needs through discovery meetings
- Plan and implement holistic digital sales and marketing strategies for clients
- Coordinate onboarding, implementation, and kick-off meetings with stakeholders
- Coordinate with our internal teams and ensure on-time deliverables are met
- Set up a list of KPIs and dashboards to track client health and performance
- Prepare and present reports on progress internally and externally
- Be the “go-to” person about the health of any assigned clients
- Work with the assigned Account Executive to share growth opportunities for increases business
- Work with Account Executive team to ensure pre-set expectations of account growth are being communicated and executed with clients
- Keep abreast with new trends in digital technology
- Working experience as a digital account manager or account strategist required
- 1-3 years working experience at a creative, media, PR, or advertising agency required
- Working experience with Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Facebook Business Manager, and CRM software
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Working knowledge of project management tools such as Asana, Wrike, Notion, ClickUp, Monday, etc.
- You've advised companies on their digital marketing strategies and know how to assess and make strategic recommendations.
- In-depth knowledge of online marketing tools and technology
- Knowledge of Shopify and Wordpress are a plus
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of social media platforms
- Working experience in customer service and client-facing positions
- Sense of ownership and pride in performance and its impact on company success
- Strong negotiation skills with a problem-solving attitude
- You thrive in ambiguity and love turning a messy situation into a well functioning operation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building strong client relationships
- Fun, fast-paced startup environment located in DTLA (with our own in-house studio) – We are currently WFH during COVID-19
- Every role makes a difference - shape your own career path and company culture
- International, motivated team with flat hierarchies
- Attractive opportunities for growth
Why work at Darkroom:
- Competitive salary based on experience level
- Unlimited vacation days
- Startup culture with a beautiful office (and a full in-house production studio)
- Entrepreneurial encouragement to launch companies internally with revenue share structures
- Health and commuter benefits
- Top-notch clients