Email Marketing Manager
Darkroom is a digital growth agency building legendary e-commerce companies and digital experiences. We are a team of industry-leading marketers and best-in-class creatives building LA’s fastest-growing marketing agency. We are looking to add exceptional individuals to our Downtown LA-based team.
We are looking for a self-driven Email Marketing Manager to join our team. As an expert on the retention marketing team at Darkroom, your primary duty will be to develop and assist in handling large-scale email & SMS marketing campaigns from development to execution across a wide variety of industries throughout e-commerce (cannabis, CBD, fashion, consumer goods, and more).
Our retention marketing team’s ultimate objective is to grow as a team and scale our client’s revenue by delivering personalized communications across multiple platforms.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Learn and understand each client’s unique brand voice so you can speak to their audiences in the most effective way possible.
- Brainstorm customer acquisition, campaign content, and segmentations independently or alongside other team members.
- Optimize existing email automation with frequent multi-variant a/b testing of subject lines, time of send content, etc.
- Proof and QA campaigns to ensure a 100% error-free execution.
- Utilize each clients’ email list to launch and grow SMS marketing.
- Establish targeting strategies based on segmented customer lifecycles.
- Optimize existing SMS automation with frequent multi-variant A/B testing of subject lines, time of send content, etc.
- Curate personalized SMS automation + campaigns that integrate seamlessly with ongoing email automation + campaigns.
- BA or equivalent
- 1+ years in email marketing, SMS marketing, or background in e-commerce.
- 1+ years of copywriting experience in an agency or freelancing environment.
- 1+ years of experience in handling your clients/accounts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent copywriting skills.
- Excellent taste and aesthetic skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Highly creative and imaginative.
- Adobe Photoshop experience is a plus.
- Ready to take the initiative and find solutions when given little direction.
- Understanding of digital marketing principles, specifically email marketing best practices.
- Knowledge of Klaviyo and/or other email marketing automation tools like Mailchimp.
- Knowledge of HTML and experience with WordPress a plus.
- Proven track record of creating, implementing, and optimizing complex email programs to meet business goals.
- Fun, fast-paced startup environment located in DTLA (with our own in-house studio) – We are currently WFH during COVID-19
- Every role makes a difference - shape your own career path and company culture
- International, motivated team with flat hierarchies
- Attractive opportunities for growth
Why work at Darkroom:
- Competitive salary based on experience level
- Unlimited vacation days
- Startup culture with a beautiful office (and a full in-house production studio)
- Entrepreneurial encouragement to launch companies internally with revenue share structures
- Health and commuter benefits
- Top-notch clients