Business Development Representative
Darkroom is a performance-focused marketing team that delivers legendary brand experiences for D2C and B2B businesses, with a specific emphasis on e-commerce.
As a collective group of best-in-class creatives combined with performance marketers who all currently represent LA’s fastest-growing full-service agency, Darkroom, we are looking to bring on an ambitious and goal-oriented individual to help bring in new and exciting companies for us to work with.
Businesses that partner with Darkroom will come in all shapes, sizes, and market caps, and no one Darkroom solution works for all. As a Business Development Representative (BDR), your primary responsibility will be to support the sales team by prospecting and proactively reaching out to new key customers. Unwavering energy, motivation, and enthusiasm are a huge plus in this role as we are looking for an individual who can maintain a high level of both outbound and inbound activity lead generation.
In this position, you will learn to prospect, cold call, and articulate the value of Darkroom services. You’ll be expected to communicate with cold leads both from generating leads yourself and our internal marketing efforts to generate inbound leads. During this, you will learn to build rapport, qualify leads, and determine the initial recommendations for clients’ marketing needs.
You will be working and collaborating closely with both the CEO and VP of Business Development to gain a deeper understanding of our business and the types of companies we service best. This is an amazing opportunity that will provide you with the tools, skills, and knowledge to operate at a high velocity while becoming a pro in Sales and Marketing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Daily phone prospecting and cold calling
- Daily email prospecting and follow-ups
- Have a comprehensive understanding of all our services and be able to clearly articulate them to prospective clients
- Setting appointments for the sales team
- Lead list building (LinkedIn, Zoom Info, Etc.)
- CRM management (Hubspot)
- Attend networking events & conferences
- BA or equivalent
- Proven 1+ years of work experience in outbound sales
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, phone, and in person).
- Excellent copywriting skills.
- Understanding of e-commerce businesses is a plus
- Proactive and hands-on attitude - you're ready to hit the ground running
- Strong understanding of CRM (Hubspot) is a plus
- Sense of ownership and pride in performance and its impact on company success
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- You thrive in ambiguity and love turning a messy situation into a well functioning operation
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fun, fast-paced startup environment located in DTLA (with our own in-house studio) – We are currently WFH during COVID-19
- Every role makes a difference - shape your own career path and company culture
- International, motivated team with flat hierarchies
- Attractive opportunities for growth
Why work at Darkroom:
- Competitive salary based on experience level + Commission structure
- Unlimited vacation days
- Startup culture with a beautiful office (and a full in-house production studio)
- Entrepreneurial encouragement to launch companies internally with revenue share structures
- Health and commuter benefits
- Top-notch clients